lunes, 3 de febrero de 2014

History Song

The first song that came to my mind when I read this homework was this one: "Pero - Mero", in English is "But - Mero". I don't know if this song actually counts because instead of talking about the event of 11/09/01. It talks more about how can everything be a conspiracy of the goverment, and shows some "proofs" that were extracted from a documental (I guess, 'cause I remember that I saw THAT documental). Here's the song:

Even tough it can be false, I still think is a great song, 'cause is kind of catchy :)

Now, if you want a 100% true event, we can talk about the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989.



This song is about the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989 and the fall of communism in Germany, ending 40 years of dictatorial Communist rule. The song also address the fall of communism in Moscow (Russia) and details the waste of time that pasted before freedom was brought to these places, the joy of democracy and emotions of the times... Or at least that's what I think.

"The drum part in this song was inspired by a different part of the world. One hot night I lay under the stars on a rooftop in Togo and heard the sound of drums from across the valley. Even on the edge of sleep the drumming moved me, the rhythm stayed in my head, and while working on this song I used variations of it and other West African influences." 

(Neil Peart explaining the percussion aspect of the song)


The inspiration (obviusly) came because of the fall of the Berlin Wall, everybody was happy, but this song talks more deeply about it, what does it means, why it took so many time to this to happen and who is going to give back all the time of suffering to the people who suffered because of this wall.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario